Thank you to: Angelia Maxie, CEO Tiny Tots Development Center; Kimber Burrows, Owner/Educator Upriver Discovery School; Nathalia Medina, Owner El Carrusel; Reshonna Reynolds, Parent Advocate and Former Educator
It’s OUR time to tell legislators to support our workforce.
Supporting our Child Care Workforce
We asked four child care advocates what they wish legislators knew about working in early learning.
Who are my legislators?
1) Find YOUR Legislative District
- Go to the Washington Legislature District Finder
- Enter your address
- Find your Legislative District Number and Legislators
2) Legislator Contact Info
- On the District Finder tool, click on your legislators’ names to see their email, mailing address, or phone number.
- OR, every legislator has the same email format: (First Name).(Last Name)@leg.wa.gov
- Example: Senator Jane Doe: Jane.Doe@leg.wa.gov
There are multiple ways you can raise your voice to help support our child care workforce:
Raise Your Voice
Share the Video!
Writing Messages to Legislators
Share on Social Media
- Find your legislators’ contact info (see above!)
- Send them a link to our the Advocacy Video (https://bit.ly/workforcesupports)
- Add your own written message or video telling legislators why YOU think supporting the child care workforce is important!
Whether it’s handwritten, by email, or on social media, written letters are powerful advocacy tools.
- Share the video on Facebook or Twitter (https://bit.ly/workforcesupports)
- Urge your networks to connect with their legislators too!
- If this page has been helpful, send them the link so that they can find their legislators’ contact information too.
60-Second Advocacy Sign On Letter - English
60-Second Advocacy Sign On Letter - Spanish