This pathway is for early learning professionals who need to complete the last two years of their BA or BAS Degree. Applicants must have completed an associate degree (AA) or a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA), and have already applied to, or been admitted to, a Washington State bachelor’s degree program in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or another approved academic program.
- Up to $9,000 in tuition and fees per scholarship contract (one year or 12 months), paid directly to the academic institution
- Book reimbursement of up to $500 per scholarship contract
- Release time paid to the employer at a rate of $15 per hour, up to 3 hours per week for each term enrolled
- Completion incentive for scholars who have successfully completed their scholarship contracts
- Be employed at a child care center or family child care program that participates in Early Achievers for at least 3 months at time of application
- Work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Have an associate degree, or a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA)
- Must have applied to, or have been accepted (including conditional acceptance) at a Washington State BA or BAS Degree program in ECE or another approved academic program
- Apply for financial aid at the college you plan to attend before applying for this scholarship (strongly encouraged, but not mandatory)
- Complete a minimum of 15 academic credits during a scholarship contract
- Scholars must remain with their same employer for 6 months after the successful completion of a yearlong scholarship contract in order to qualify for the incentive
- Scholars must adhere to scholarship guidelines and contract terms
- Scholars are responsible for the cost of attendance beyond the maximums and benefits of the scholarship contract
If found eligible you will be moved to the second stage of the application process and you must submit the following documentation:
- Documentation of your acceptance to a Washington State institution (application, acceptance letter, conditional acceptance letter or current student schedule)
- Your most recent unofficial transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended
- A copy of your financial aid award letter, if applicable
All scholarship applications must be complete (both the applicant and employer’s sections filled out) and submitted by the dates below to be considered for the corresponding term.
- Fall term – August 15
- Winter term (including spring semester) – November 15
- Spring term – February 15
- Summer term – April 15
Submitting an application does not guarantee funding. Notifications are sent via email the first week of the month following your submission. For example, if you submit an application on July 14, you will be notified the first week of August.